Sunday, January 7, 2007

Something else for me to do



Carleton this past summer, jamming with another band at our family reunion.



We just finished watching the DVD that comes with my brother's band's latest CD (Automotive, by Automan.ca )

I really enjoyed it, especially the part where Carleton talks about how he came to the guitar, when he was 11. (I personally think he was 10, but I'll have to check that.) He talks about sitting on the front porch of our cottage, where my grandfather was strumming an acoustic, and he asked if he could have a try. His life changed that afternoon. And I saw it. And we HAVE PICTURES. We actually have pictures of the first time he held a guitar and his own personal light came on.

But, as usual, I digress, photographic triumph notwithstanding. Seeing the DVD was a bit of a wake-up call for me. I own and (snort!) "administer" his official website, which to date has involved me registering the site, and posting a photo and a blurb about how this is the only official site. (Hmmm....kind of like Becky has done....)

I haven't done any more because, frankly, I don't know how to do anything else! I have reached the outer limits of my technological knowledge, but seriously: it's time for me to get my ass in gear.

What's that word for 2007 again? Oh yeah....BEGIN.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Fowler said...

Love your word.

January 9, 2007 at 2:25:00 p.m. AST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home