Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year's Eve


Mario and I aren't New Year's Eve people, we see no particular reason to party all night just because I need to buy a new calendar.

To put it in context, our wildest New Year's Eve was in 2003 or 2004. We went to an actual movie theatre (whoa...) to see "Cold Mountain". My parents were across town, seeing whichever Lord of the Rings movie was out that year. After both movies were over, they came over to our house, where we ordered pizza and watched TV. Wow...heady, crazy times.

Must say I'm looking forward to kissing 2006 goodbye. There were many great things in 2006, but there were also waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many bad things, thanks. I just want to put the whole thing behind me... 2007 can't possibly have as many nasty surprises for me!

My only resolution this year is to scrapbook more. What with all of the other crap in my life, in 2006 I completed exactly ONE layout. This will never do! Over the last couple of months, I have been purchasing different products and supplies, hoping that the prospect of new toys will push me to actually get out my stuff and play. I have brought home new cardstock, the occasional patterened paper, embellishments here and there.... this culminated in me losing my mind and buying a Cricut a few weeks ago. I think it's the Cricut that's going to do the trick; I did a one page layout the other day, and have all kinds of die-cut plans for another.

As for all those typical resolutions people make, well... as Calvin once said to Hobbes, "Why should I change, I'm perfect the way I am! The world should change to suit me!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Fowler said...

Your layout rocks! Yay! She scraps!

Hurrah for a little resolution :)

December 31, 2006 at 6:34:00 p.m. AST  
Blogger Jenn said...

You wait...your family will be featured tomorrow...

January 1, 2007 at 12:48:00 a.m. AST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home