Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Thank you

Mario and I have spent the last 90 minutes in a heated discussion about work. Because we work together, both meshed within the same system, sometimes it gets a little hairy when we get home, turn to each other, and say, "So how was your day, dear?" Chances are, we both already know how the other's day was. And chances are, if it was a bad day, we clashed at some point along the way.

I actually say that somewhat smugly, because we have never ONCE allowed our work day to interfere with our life at home. I remember a day about two years ago when Mario laid in to me in the banquet kitchen. Laid in to me HARD for something I had done. I deserved the come-up-ance, but CHRIST he rode me. Hours later we ended up at home in our dining room, and Mario commented, "Babe, why are you so quiet?"

I burst in to tears and said, "The Banquet Manager made me cry today."

The Banquet Manager. Not Mario, the love of my life who happens to BE the Banquet Manager. Just "the Banquet Manager", he was a jerk to me, please kiss me on the forehead and tell me I'm wonderful.

Which he did.

And the next day, at work, he rode my ass even harder. And it was all good, because if you think for ONE second I was going to eat his shit, then you are wrong. Work is work, and home is home, but while we are at work, I will rip your spleen out, you bastard.

Thank you, Mario, for keeping these two worlds completely separate. On more than one occasion, we have argued spectacularly in front of co-workers. And I will never forget the day we clashed so severely that there should have been people in the aisles selling popcorn and crappy watered down beer. The executive sous chef said, "Man, I'd hate to go to YOUR house tonight!"

You were sincerely puzzled. "Why??""

"Well, God, the way you and Jenn lit in to each other..."

And you were so perplexed. "But that's work, that's not US."

Thank you, my angel, my love, my saviour, for keeping our two worlds separate. Thank you for all those days when we fight to the death, but come home and reach for each other. Thank you for never forgetting that nothing can touch US.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that is something worth writting about! You're very lucky Jenn
Mare

June 1, 2007 at 10:12:00 p.m. AST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home