Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Twenty Five Years

Here's a dare: think about anything in your life. Seriously, anything.

Now think about Having or Studying or Following or Doing that thing for twenty five years.

Pretty trippy, huh?

Twenty five years is such a ridiculous, incomprehensible number. I mean, it's twenty five YEARS.


My Mum has been a widow for 13 months. And tonight is her 25th wedding anniversary. The fact that my father died a month before their 24th really has no bearing on anything.

My Mum is, unquestionably, married to Daddy. She has always been, and continues to be, in love with him. And, oh, I know that Daddy is Somewhere Else, looking at her, just wishing he could hold her hand. And maybe, in the night, he will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home