Thursday, March 1, 2007

Back Story

I got myself some serious writer's block when I hit #10 on my list last night.... clearly, there are many other eveyday occurences which have the power to crap all over your day, but my mind was suddenly empty. (although, let's face it, writer's block DOES suck.) When I was done on the computer, I turned to a different activity, and bang, number 10 became obvious.

10. It sucks when you have to give your loved one a therapeutic massage with an analgesic gel. The second I finished, I ran to the bathroom to wash my hands, but too late: both my hands were dead numb for the next three hours. Wow, hope Mario gets at least some of that effect when I work that bright blue miracle into his back.

This morning, he went to his first ever acupuncture appointment. Last night, he mentioned in passing that maybe he would try acupuncture sometime.... When I hit work this morning, I RAN to our acquaintance Liliane to ask for her help. Liliane is a serious student of & believer in alternative medicine, and I knew she would point me in the best possible direction.

Through her intervention, Mario managed to get an appointment with a highly skilled acupuncturist for 10:30 am today. Omigod, I owe Liliane soooooooo big time for this.

Mario loved it, loved the practitioner's approach, was FLOORED when she made (seemingly) random but dead-on correct observations about his life simply by touching his pulse points. For example, she touched one wrist in two spots, and then said, "You consume a lot of sugar, don't you?'

Mario adds enough coffee to his cup of sugar to make it damp, ok? And she knew this. Amazing.

He's going back on Monday. And I know this is going to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home