Saturday, April 14, 2007

Motherfucking Cricut

Yes, there is it is, finally. The F Word. We all knew it would show up eventually, but I don't think any of us suspected it's Grand Debut would be in a post about scrapbook tools.

When I saw the advertisements for the Cricut, I fell in love. And when I saw all the potential fonts, I fell in lust. Must have, MUST HAVE.

So, with the trust of a True Believer, I shucked out not only $300 for the machine, but an additional $80 for my second font. Plus tax. Neither of which I exactly told Mario about.

I hate this fucking machine with a passion previously unknown.

It claims to be engineered for cardstock (and cautions tenderness regarding light weight papers like vellum). So I load in my industry standard Bazzill cardstock, set the machine's cutting blade for MAXIMUM depth....and it just sort of gently kisses the surface of the paper, leaving a vague blush-ish outline of my text.

Believe me, if I WANTED to spend three hours cutting letters out with my X-acto knife, I would have bought a pencil and a $3 stencil to guide my letters, alright? But to spend almost $400 to end up exactly where I began is criminal.

Shame on you. Shame on you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Fowler said...

this is freaking hilarious. said in the nicest possible way. i read your title with gleeeeee. but am sad that the costly machine is being naughty.

shall i ask around on some scrapbook message boards for hints?? this can't be right. it must be able to cut freaking bazzill...

if not, your title is right on the money. no pun intended.

April 14, 2007 at 8:11:00 p.m. AST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home