Friday, April 6, 2007

As promised, wedding pictures





I have been to many weddings in the past. But I have never seen anyone, man or woman, look at their betrothed the way Carleton looked at Ai, and I have never heard truth the way I heard it when they said their vows. One of the most extraordinary days of my life.
My favourite part of the service was the blessing, a traditional Apache wedding prayer.
Now you will feel no rain
for each of you will be shelter to the other
Now you will feel no cold
for each of you will be warmth for the other
Now there is no loneliness for you
for each of you will be companion to the other
Now you are two persons
but there is one life before you
Go now to your dwelling place
to enter into the days of your togetherness
And may your days be good and long upon this earth


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home