Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Between "I will" and "I do"

Seven days til my brother's wedding. This is too much fun.

I have planned weddings in my professional life, so I know how The Process usually works. However, I have never been involved with a wedding that only took two weeks between "I will" and "I do". I am not planning his wedding in any way, although I have answered a few questions for Carleton and offered the very occasional piece of advice. But even as an outside observer, this is fun.

I am getting such a kick out of his updates. When I called tonight, his stylist was over to discuss Carleton's hair; that's the rock star side of him. The classy side in him, though, also told me about the platinum wedding bands and custom made suit he ordered today.

"A suit??? Really??"

He (who has never owned a suit in his life) said, "Well God, Jennifer, what did you expect? I'm Doing This Right."

It's going to be a simple civil ceremony. It's going to be thirty people having lunch at a pub. And the next day, he will go back to work and Ai will go back to university. But, my God, it'll be Done Right.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! I love pubs!

... You think I'll be able to get away with wearing my Chucks? I mean I'll be prettyfull... but come on... I'm a bit Rockstar too!

;)

March 27, 2007 at 10:31:00 p.m. AST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home