Thursday, April 12, 2007

Oops, I did it again

My friend Mare, aka Watermelon, called me today and shouted, "What have you done to me?" I was shocked, what in hell was she talking about? "You told me to read Outlander and now I CAN'T STOP."

Oh. That. Ok, you're right and I apologize for stealing your life.

About three years ago, I convinced my father to try the Outlander novels by Diana Gabaldon. My father loved to read even more than I do, but I also knew this type of story may not be his cup of tea. I loaned him the first two books in the series (about 1,000 pages each) and hoped he would at least give the first book a reasonable try -- say, two hundred pages-- before making up his mind.

Four days later he called me, completely frantic. "Jennifer, you've got to get over here. I only have 300 pages left in the second book and I'm afraid to run out. You have to bring me the other ones!"

I'm telling you, the story is that good.

And now poor Watermelon is caught up in it as well. I think I can safely assume she'll have read the whole series before July 28 rolls around....which is important, because she & I have Harry Potter issues, too!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Fowler said...

ooo sounds amazing! i will have to pick up the first one this weekend :)

April 13, 2007 at 10:44:00 p.m. AST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't do it. I neg you!!
...you have no idea. Jenn is now my pusher and I am her crack whore.

Mare

April 17, 2007 at 9:11:00 p.m. AST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant Beg...*blush*
Mare

April 17, 2007 at 9:13:00 p.m. AST  
Blogger Jenn said...

She'll kill me for saying this.. but in keeping with the general tone of Mare's comments, today she looked me straight in the eye and sang, "Jamie Crack Whore, and I don't care!"

Read these books.

April 21, 2007 at 12:46:00 a.m. AST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home