Sunday, July 15, 2007

End of vacation funk

Well, that's it. My two weeks of vacation are over.

It rained for the first eleven days, and then got nice on Friday, two days ago. Mum, Brian, and I went to the beach Friday afternoon to eat fried clams and walk in the surf, but Mario was in too much pain to go with us and stayed at home. Saturday was gloriously sunny and warm, so Mum and I went to pick strawberries....and then I spent the rest of the beautiful day inside, with all my stove burners at full blast, while I made my strawberry jam for the year. I left the house again in the evening, when Mario and I went to see "Sicko" at our local movie house. RUN, don't walk. Michael Moore rules all things, forerver and ever, amen.

Today, Sunday, was beautiful but so humid that I literally could NOT go outside. Instead, I watched a movie on TV, played on the computer, did laundry, and made strawberry shortcake. (Note to self: Next year, don't pick so many damn strawberries.)

I am very, very sad that I am going back to work tomorrow. I am finally getting in to Relaxed Mode -- what does it say about my job that it takes two weeks to decompress? It seems impossible to me that in less than 12 hours, I will have my headset on and 2432567363 emails staring me in the face.

Guess it will help me look forward to our Chrsitmas trip to Disney....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home