Thursday, July 12, 2007

Home

Home from our camping trip. It rained every single day, but if you have ever met me, you are not surprised: apparently, at some point in my life, I angered the Weather Gods, because I haven't had a sunny day on vacation in over eight yers. You think I am exaggerating, but you are underestimating my power as it relates to crappy weather. People at work LITERALLY ask me when I am going on vacation so they can choose other dates for their own. I couldn't make this up if I tried.

Still, we had fun in our own way. Any opportunity we get to spend together as a family, with no computers, phones, TV's or video games, is always welcome. And we always walk away from it more solid. Hey, we are a blended family, I will take our blessings wherever we find them.

We went to see the new Harry Potter movie yesterday: me, Mario, my son, my mum, my sister, and my friend Watermelon. It wasn't my favourite HP movie by any means, but it did help me appreciate another side of Family....we all went together because that's what we sincerely wanted to do, we wanted to share the experience with each other, with family. And some could argue, for example that my friend Watermelon isn't my family....but those would be people who don't understand me and how my heart works.

In other news, my sister-friend Kelz is now off camping with her kids for two weeks, so I don't get to talk to her daily as is my wont. I want her to have a great time, but I DON'T want her to be where I can't reach her at any hour of the day.

Yes, it's all about me.

And I'm going to stop writing now, because my fatigue is clearly showing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home