Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Vanity

Friend sent me some pictures from six years ago. And I'm sorry but my first reaction was, "Oh, I was so pretty!" I literally can't believe how much I have changed since then.

I don't say this so that my friends will rush with an outpouring of favourable comments on my appearance. (so don't even bother, Kelz!) I am not a vain woman but I am human. Seeing those pictures shocked and depressed me: I am approaching forty, and it is all downhill from here.

I pray that, as I continue to evolve, I will eventually be able to look in the mirror and see only the inner beauty coming through.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Fowler said...

i honestly think it was all that magic water (and magic other stuff) at the lake that kept us all young. i would go back in a heartbeat... you know the years would melt away.

June 7, 2007 at 6:50:00 p.m. AST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home